A Night of STEM!
- Folt Science Night offers families 6 different hands-on activities to explore different concepts in science. Through an anonymous donor, the Folt Science Night provides all of the materials and directions for the activities.
- Great Cardboard Challenge, inspired by Caine's Arcade and the Global Cardboard Challenge scheduled for next October, provides families with the tools and materials they need to engineer a game or arcade machine from recycled cardboard and other found materials.
- large flat sheets of cardboard
- clear packaging tape
Use this form to anonymously report patterns of bullying.
Please note we define bullying as “repeated and intentional behavior that hurts another person physically or emotionally”.
Bullying may include:
- Physical Bullying
- Verbal Bullying
- Relational Bullying
- High Tech Bullying
Camp Invention is Back for a Third Year!!!!!
Camp Invention will take place at Perry Harrison the week of Monday June 22 to Thursday June 25th, 8am to 4pm. Please see the link below to register. If you have any questions, please email Erin Boecke at email@example.com.
At Camp Invention campers will:
- Explore marine science through an underwater archaeological challenge, building a marine exploration vehicle and racing to collect bioluminescent specimens.
- Employ the practical application of STEM skills to build a working kart that will withstand water and navigate the obstacle course as a team to achieve the fastest speed.
- Participate in challenges based on design thinking, extending the boundaries and participating in brainstorming and idea selection sessions.
- And much more!!!
Thank you to all the students, families and friends that supported our school's Reading Rocks Fundraiser. You have helped us to raise enough money to order the new stage curtains for the Multipurpose room! Way to go Mariners!
The second place winner, Connor from Kindergarten, will be Assistant Principal for the day. The winners were announced on Thursday, December 18th when the Pollard Band performed their winter's concert.
Congratulations to the following classes for placing at the Chatham County Schools Science Fair.
1. Ms. Hawkins' trio of Katie, Chloe and Brynn placed 3rd in the 3rd-5th grade division.
2. Ms. Hatcher's Pre-k class made Honorable Mention.
3. Ms. Lemons' first grade class placed 2nd.
4. Ms. Smith's second grade class won 1st place overall in the K-2 Division.
Maura McKeon is originally from New Jersey, but has enjoyed making North Carolina her new home over the last three years. She graduated from New Jersey City University and received her teaching certification in Early Childhood and Elementary Education, as well as a Bachelor’s in Psychology. After graduating, she became a member of an Americorps program that specialized in improving Education here in North Carolina. Since then, she has taught in the preschool level and worked as an assistant teacher in Kindergarten at Perry Harrison last year. She is very excited to be at Perry Harrison and is looking forward to a fun new year!
A substitute bus driver job listing for Perry W. Harrison (JobID: 908) has been posted on the district's website and may be accessed at the link below. We have a very limited number of non-school based drivers that we can call on for field trips and substitute bus driving needs, so we'd like to do what we can to expand our driver pool. If you or someone you know may be interested, we welcome you to review the job information. Thank you!
Click here for link to Job Listing
Taylor Scannell recently moved from Florida to teach in North Carolina Schools. She graduated from Florida Atlantic University in December of 2012 and received her professional teaching certificate in Elementary Education K-6. After graduating, she was fortunate enough to become a permanent substitute in first grade. Once the school year ended, she was asked to return as a second grade teacher. Since then, she was offered a second grade position at Perry Harrison School. She is excited to make memories at the best school in Chatham County. Go Mariners!
This morning we received updated stop times from the district’s Transportation Department for several stops on Bus 182’s route. An e-mail was sent to parents of students that ride Bus 182 with the adjusted stop times. If you did not receive this e-mail, please contact the school if you need to verify the updated stop time. If your child is in grade K-3, please be ready for the bus approximately 10 minutes ahead of the estimated stop time in case the bus is running early. Thank you for bearing with us as bus routes settle during the first weeks of school. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this week arising from issues with stop times.
I am Emily Langdon and am going into my 9th year of teaching. I was born and raised in Knightdale, NC. I attended East Carolina University where I graduated with a Bachelors in Elementary Education in 2006. I began teaching Kindergarten in 2006 while attending graduate school at ECU part time. I completed my Masters degree in Elementary Education in 2009. I received my National Board Certification in 2010. I taught Kindergarten for 5 years at Wintergreen Primary in Greenville, NC and then moved to Wilmington, NC where I taught Kindergarten for 2 years and Second grade for 1 year at Pine Valley. I have recently moved to Pittsboro, NC to be closer to family and am looking forward to continuing my teaching career at Perry Harrison. I enjoy reading, waking/running with my dog, kayaking, biking, and an afternoon on the lake.